Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Serious people please answer. I need some advice on creative writing.?

Sorry for the long question/story in advance.





I really enjoy writing creatively and sometimes I think I am good at it and then other times I think I am awful at it. I am not very consistent with my writing and I know to improve writing of any kind you need to be consistent. For example I will put a nice dent into a short story I am writing then something will happen in my personal life to distract me and then I get out of the 鈥榟abit鈥?of working on the story and then just give up. Then months later I will go back to the story then something again will distract me and I will give up.





Also sometimes I don鈥檛 know if I am conveying the right emotions of the characters and will second guess myself and that will make me want to give up. (You know what I mean when you have no self-confidence and it鈥檚 just easier to throw in the towel then subject yourself to your own personal torture) Do published authors go through this as well? Have doubts about their own pieces? I don鈥檛 think they do because they are published, but could be wrong.





I was wondering if anyone on here had some good advice to share. The two basic ones I know are these: read, read, read, write, write, write, and keep repeating until you get it right.





Thanks for any help!Serious people please answer. I need some advice on creative writing.?
I have written since I was little and as grown older I had the self-confidence issue too, whether or not the story was good enough or I got the characters thoughtt and emotions displayed just right. I still have that and I bet a lot of famous writers do the same. It's a process,a long process. The more you write, the better you get at it. Also, I have written while stuff has happen to me in my personal life and it distracted me too. But over the years I have alot of cool short stories that will hopefully becompileda book some day. Don't give up. Write your mad at your boyfriend, whatever write when your, happy, sad. Just writeSerious people please answer. I need some advice on creative writing.?
Well when i get out a piece of paper and a pen and then start writing i just think of my wmotions and i just think of stuff that would never even happen and then i just keep on writing till the last page i have and then i stop then i read my story and i correct it.Then if i dont like it i just simply get out some more pieces of paper and then correct the simple mistakes then i staple the papers and wala i have my story!But you shold make up a title!
I like writing too..I feel that every character that your mind invents for your story can be traced back to someone whom you know are heard about. I am not saying it is always possible to trace it back all the way down. But it is just one direction that you can take. If you have a character in your story and you are not sure what that character does next, then associate it with somebody whose personality matches that of the charter and what he/she would do at that time. That's how I do when I am stuck. \





Hope that helps

No comments:

Post a Comment