Friday, April 30, 2010

Please advice on first car, honda and toyota people?

I am about to turn 19, and since I'm not one of those people that get their first car from their parents, I have been putting away some money and need advice. I have my mind set on a honda or toyota, and yes that includes acura and lexus. I want something reliable, that can make it past 220,000 miles and still drive beautifully without any problems. Smooth ride preferred, gas efficient, nice horse power, and preferably two door. Also something I can make into a project car later with a nice swap or some boost or something. I demand manual transmission lol. And please no civics, i love them ad they're great but it's really hard to find one that has not been abused by little amateur racers. I am a responsible driver and will treat it like a baby, just to school, then work and back home. Please suggestions. Coupes and hatchs preffered.Please advice on first car, honda and toyota people?
I'm gonna set my suggestions based on a 19 year old's budget (or at least a really tight budget) and I'd recommend a Honda Prelude. They're clean, two door, sporty compact %26amp; the type-sh model has a pretty good 200hp h22 motor. Chances are with any of these low end tuner vehicles, you're gonna see that your car is definitely gonna be a target for thief. By doing any mods of it, you're risking the security of your car, and once its stolen it's gonna hurt badly cuz it was your money that purchased it. If i can re-suggest you to getting just a nice commuter car that will stay out of any bad attention just get a toyota corolla xrs. it's clean and still sporty, it's very torque-y and i think you'll like it.Please advice on first car, honda and toyota people?
i know u said no civics but heres my list in order that i would buy them.





99-00 civic - coupe or hatch. preferably an Si (coupe)


94-01 integra (hatch) gsr or ls


scion tC


93-95 civic hatch (eg)


Del Sol, i guess girls look cute in them if there clean.


IS300





if you look around and actually invest the time as well as the money you can find a nice clean stock honda. just have to be dedicated to your car...
toyota celica=hatch, 180hp+, $8,000-$11,000


honda prelude=coupe, 200hp+, $10,000-$15,000


toyota supra=coupe, 200hp+, $8,000-$20,000





all are perfect just pick your style!
A Scion tC is what you're looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment