Tuesday, April 27, 2010

15 yrs old, I have an issue with standing or being touched by people and I need some advice?

It's okay, I know how you feel! I used to have that problem...whenever my friends would try to touch me I would flinch and back away. I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you though. For me, I just had to realize that they weren't trying to do anything, and that it was normal. You have to ease yourself into it and you can gradually touch people more and more. When I got with my boyfriend we hugged a lot (still do haha) and it got easier when you were with someone you trust.15 yrs old, I have an issue with standing or being touched by people and I need some advice?
Some people just don't like to be touched. My best friend growing up never wanted to have any physical contact with anybody. It's okay and you have a right to not be touched. First stand more than an arm's length away. If a person puts their arm straight out, the distance from their finger tips to their body is called ';the bubble of safety'; or ';personal space'; and in social situations it's considered rude to invade that space unless you know that person on a more intimate level. When you stand next to somebody stand a little further outside the bubble. Most people will pick up on this body language and not invade your space. Some might perceive it as standoffish if you stand too far away so if you do this try to only stay about 1-2 inches outside of the bubble to avoid bringing attention to it. If somebody does touch you, you have the right to tell them that you don't like to be touched. A firm but polite ';I do not like being touched. Please don't do it,'; should be enough to stop people from doing it again.15 yrs old, I have an issue with standing or being touched by people and I need some advice?
Have you ever been clinically assessed? I'm assuming you mean standing near people, not just standing:) It might be that you have a very mild social disorder, like asperger's or autism. They're both much more common than you might think, and nothing to be ashamed of. I'd talk to your parents about it, see if they can get you assessed, (your local hospital or gp will be able to tell you somewhere near you), and then you might get some answers. That'd actually help in resolving the issue - you could then learn some practical tools to help you cope better...living with anxiety will only wear you down, and it's unnecessary when there's help available :-)
your either clostrophobic or nervous or both around them, you should just open yourself up to people, i mean your ganna be around them til you die haha sooo.. na but i was the same way til i started partying my sophmore year of high school now im more friendly and happier too your probably stuck in your turtle shell you'll come out hahah peace.
OMG I DID TO but im 14 now and i got over that when i was 11 because i started associating with guys more- im serious- once i started hanging out with guys more i was more willing to touching from other people(not inapropreate touching) but just in general
Just don't think about it too much. It's all in your head and tell yourself that it's a big deal and don't focus on it.
I feel like the world is a germy place too! I carry around hand sanitizer with me and I don't like to open doors. So your not alone, I am 15 too and I feel the same way. Don't touch me! It's ok!
I have the same problem too, people sometimes get mad, just let them know it's just something that bothers you.
Relax. Its ok to get touched. As long as its not by strangers and in private places.
Let them touch you, what are you going to lose.


It is an inexpensive favour to others.
Just tell them to get their hands off you.
Maybe u have sometging in your brain telling you to be safe.. its possible
Tell them it bothers you.
just get more comfortable with people being near you. I am like that too.
use crutches, a wheelchair or get up and do some exercise
ya it hurts. just tell um to leave you alone
is it because of germs or are you just afraid of people being touchy?
  • eye makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment