Friday, April 30, 2010

Need advice on the Guest list.... what do do about people you work with??

OK, here the deal. I work with 2 girls in my office that I am friends with and hang out with outside of work- I really like them so I am inviting them. I am very close to a sale rep who works in our company but not our office so I am inviting her and her husband.


I work for a private company so I have boss and his secretary who is also kind of my boss because she does everything for the owner.


I wouldn't mind inviting my them BUT then I would have invited pretty much everyone I work with except 1 person. I absolutely hate this person, she is the devil and pure evil. She even tattle told on my and tried to get me fired!!! The kicker is she did it before she took her two week vacation!!! Thinking they would fire me and she won't have to see me when she got back. But to her surprise, I was still there, this was last year.





So I want to invite these 3 woman.... should I suck it up and invite Satan with the rest of my work?? or say SCREW IT and just invite my co-worker friends??!Need advice on the Guest list.... what do do about people you work with??
Just invite your two friends that you are close with. Ask them to keep mum about the wedding. There is no sense in inviting the wicker witch,... you willfeel unconfortable at your own wedding knowing that teh backstabber is eating your food and drinking your booze.





I say, screw it and invite only your two friends.





Good luckNeed advice on the Guest list.... what do do about people you work with??
I look at work like this. It's work, its all business and nothing personal. If I make a friend or two along the way, great! There is always room for more friends. Just as in your case.





My favorite saying '; i'll walk all over you on the way up and I'll walk all over you on the way down';





This girl doesn't care about you. She tried to get you fired. She doesn't like you. So why in the world would you even invite her to something as special as your wedding?





I say , ** No way ** and who cares what she thinks. She tried to screw you over.. the heck with her. You're wedding is your time and has nothing to do with business.
Invite everyone except the mean girl. She doesn't deserve to be at your wedding. This is your special day dont have it ruined by her. There is nothing wrong with you inviting your boss it will be up to her to go. Im sure she knows about the wedding and will be happy to get an invitation. To the mean girl give her one that say you are not invited to celebrate my wedding. Congratulations and good luck...me
You don't want to make it blatently obvious that you favor some people over others...the work-place is an all or nothing deal. If you're going to invite a few, then it is better to invite everyone. If that kind of number doesn't work for your budget, then you're better off not inviting anyone.
Invite your boss and the co-workers you only really want to support you on this day.
I think that it is okay to invite everyone else expect her. She purposely did something to hurt you so forget her. Besides, you are supposed to have people that support you and care about you at your wedding which would automatically exclude her. Good luck!
yes invite your boss, theres not a more pristine honor you can give them by inviting them. About the office winch just don't invite her, obviously she doesn't like you and you don't like her, so there won't be any hurt feelings. But if you still feel guilty still give out individual invitations to everyone and post an office one for everyone so she doesn't feel left out, but she probably won't come anyways.
If it were me, I would just invite those close friends. There is no need to invite your whole work to your wedding. They're not your friends, they are your co-workers. If someone gets offended, too bad for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment