Friday, April 30, 2010

Ok, I need some advice only honest and serious people.?

I am 26 years old and still living with my parents at home. I messed up in my life and dropped out of college so many times, yet I am back in college again. I told my parents today that I am planning on transfering to a new out of state university by next year, probably by the Fall or Winter semester. My parents don't want me to go to an out of state university because they know I will go into debt, because I will have to pay for room and board and out of state tuition. I told them I am not happy at this current school, I am not happy where I live (state) and I definatly want to move out of my house already. The thing is that I know they are somewhat right but I want to try new things and try to become a responsible adult and not having to ask or tell my parents my plans or ideas. They are very strict but somewhat understanding. I really want to move to a new state and new university (where at least I can get a bachelor in what I really want) but my parents think I should wait longer,Ok, I need some advice only honest and serious people.?
How much longer do they want you to wait? You are already 26. This is your life and you need to live it the way that you want. I don't think you are being irresponsible by going into debt to better your life. If college was easy and cheap then everyone would have a college degree. It's tough and expensive, something that you can only get by a lot of hard work and many sacrifices, and a lot of $$. Your parents love you and have your best interest in mind, but you need to do what's right for you. If you want to go to a college in a different state, then by all means go. I hope you do well and make your parents proud of you.Ok, I need some advice only honest and serious people.?
Move out of state.


Cut the apron strings.


Take responsibility for your actions.


ALL of them.
First, bravo for wanting to be more independant! I completely understand this. You need distance from them in order to establish a life for yourself. And be honest, school is only the most convenient excuse, right? Its really the need to get some new surroundings.





As for things you should do-have all your ducks in a row. Get housing, job and financing taken care of now. Make a real plan and then follow through on it. Maybe find a roommate or live on campus to help defray costs. Pick out a major. Fill out your FAFSA and look into financial aid.





You can and should get away from home and on your own two feet. Don't let fear or their coddling hold you back. Even mistakes are valuable if you LEARN from them. The best thing I ever did was move away from home. It started me on a journey of self-discovery that has infludenced my life for the last decade.





Good luck to you!
ummm ... well i truthfully say u %26amp; you're parents r right but u will never get any where if u don't do something new, and you're parents r just watching out 4 u
If YOU think you are ready for that, then go for it! There is financial aid %26amp; student loans that you can take advantage of. Or you can move out of your house, get your own place and keep going to school where you live. Try %26amp; save some money %26amp; travel to places around the country that interest you, this way you can check them out before you just decide to live there.
My husband has always said that you need to do what is best for YOU! Your parents seem to want to control a little too much of your life at this point... You're 26 and should be able to make decisions based on what will better your life. I think it is great for all young people to get out of state for at least a year to be able to experience what it is like to not be able to depend solely on your parents. There are many ways to get scholarships, grants, and financial aid... just contact your future school and take the step from there... just remember to do what is best for you, you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment