Friday, April 30, 2010

Obgyns? people with their periods? i need advice!?

ok. so i know i asked this question before but oh well=) thanks for those of you who take the time to read!!


i will start with yesterday. there was this big brown splotch in my undies, the color of poo. it smelled a little metallic, but not much. it didnt look like dried blood to me, but i dont know what else it would be. i stuck a little toilet paper up there, and it came out mostly dark-ish brown with very little hints of bright red. it is quite heavy (whatever it is!) and i had to change my pantiliner once at school.


it is sticky, brown and red at the source, and a teeny tiny bit metallic smelling, but otherwise smelling of grossness.


is this my first period?


if not, what is it?


how do i tell my mom?


btw i have had no signs at all of an infection.


also, i have all the symptoms for period (a chest, which was a little tender, hair=( lots and lotsa discharge) but not a lot of the direct signs (a little cramping, a little craving, a teeny mood swing) plz help! i am really confused.Obgyns? people with their periods? i need advice!?
1st of all, I just wanted to say that you are one of the most mature-sounding teenagers I've ever seen on here! I'm also impressed that you went into so much detail.





2nd, it does sound to me like it is your period. I guess you don't have to tell your mom, but I think it's a good idea so she can give you advice and support.Obgyns? people with their periods? i need advice!?
it's definatelly your period. just tell your mom you started your period, she'll understand. make sure you have extra panty liners and a pair of panties w/ you at all times and i suggest putting an extra pair of jeans in your locker just in case. don't freak out, periods are totally natural and every girl has them, so don't ever feel like you're alone. welcome to womanhood and good luck. ;)
yupp this is definitely your first period..for me, i take birth control and all of my periods are always the brown you're describing..but once your body gets used to it, it'll be more red..don't worry about it it's totally normal =]
Yup this is your period and the easiest way to tell your mom is just to straight up tell her.

No comments:

Post a Comment