Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Medical people, doctors and nurses, need your advice???

On Friday, I was feeling cold(like cold when you have a fever)felt drainage in my throat, and was having supressed coughs.





On Sat, I was had a temperature that went from 102 to 100 to 101. I was coughing up flem. Had to blow my nose occassionally. Had a headache. Felt miserable. Slept literally all day in my bed. It took all my energy just to get up and get a glass of water. Was only up for a few hours. Took ample amounts of tylenol.





Sunday(today), my fever has subsided but due to all the coughing up of flem my throat is UBER dry. I have been blowing my nose constantly. I can move about now but still feel slightly cold. And my taste buds and smelling has gone bland.





All I want is suggestions, tips, advice, anything???? How to get better faster??? What is the cause of this??? Is this just the flu??? Anything will be appreciated. I have work and school and can't afford to miss!!!!Medical people, doctors and nurses, need your advice???
Sounds like a good ol case of the flu. People always want a fast treatment to fix themselves now...in such rushes there is not even enough time to be sick. The reality is there is no quick fix, and time is your only friend. continue to drink fluids, orange juice (Vit C) and get lots of rest.Medical people, doctors and nurses, need your advice???
Force fluids...especially lots of chicken soup. Gargle your throat with salt water frequently. Rest while you can. It's just a cold I believe so take Tylenol for your fever and your favorite cough med for the cough you are having. GL
So I gather that after 4 days you are feeling no better and still have a fever?


If this is what is happening I suggest you go to the doctor. It is not a good sign to have a fever for more than 48 hours. You may have a bacterial infection that will no heal on its own. You more than likely need antibiotics.
Yup. It's flu. Rest and fluids.
And I remember the tears of wonder in my eyes when I looked down at my nephew Sebastian who was premature and only weight two pounds and there he was,In the hospital crib, with a slight smile on his face thinking of some magical baby thoughts and was there alive and glowing like a angel, because of the nurses and doctors and I want to say thank you.


If you want a email of The Informal Patients Human Rights Charter contact dukeoftaos@yahoo,com
  • eye makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment