Friday, April 30, 2010

Anyone else Hate It when people with no kids offer unsolicited advice?

I have family members who wants to tell me when my kids should sleep, eat, and talk! I dread going to family gatherings! I have a 16 mth old daughter and a 2 yr .old son. They think my son should sit still like a 'good boy' and not run around and play! My daughter should learn how to communicate in a better way than saying ';NO'; when someone takes her toy! The list goes on and on. My kids are typical toddlers and I cant wait til my sisters have kids of their own! I'm just going to sit and laugh when my nephew/neice is not behaving like an ';adult'; at 2 years old!Anyone else Hate It when people with no kids offer unsolicited advice?
Only when it comes from parents, family, friends, strangers, in laws, teachers, or my wife. Everyone is a firkin expert till it's their turn. ';She just doesn't listen'; Duh she is 2. ';She had 5 time outs today'; Really is that it? ';You really shouldn't yell'; STOP!!





I told my father ';I do not need or want your parenting advice, its been 43 years since you had a 2 year old';. And the next time the In-Laws spout off they are getting a boat {read butt} load of verbal abuse from yours truly.





Oh yes and I really don't give a rip about what you did with your kid, every child is unique.Anyone else Hate It when people with no kids offer unsolicited advice?
yes hate it hate it hate it, but even worse i have a friend who is ALWAYS giving me unwanted advice about my 2 year old and what i should do, it's always ';supernany says this, supernany says that'; and my friends 5 year old daughter is......dare i say it, she is a s**t of a kid, i always catch her teasing my son,swearing,and hitting and she talks to my friend like a piece of crap, i just want to say control your kid then lecture me about mine.
I have a similar situation with my brother in law's wife. she has no kids of her own but, has quite a few god children that she sees every now and then. She loves talking about one in particular and often tells me how my children should act. It can be frustrating sometimes but, I kind of take it with a grain of salt and like you can't wait until she starts dropping some of her own.
I can't stand it when people do that. I get it a lot because I'm twenty looking after my three-year-old son alone. People think that because I'm young I can't look after a child and because he doesn't have a real mother he's deprived somehow. People shouldn't comment on how to look after your own children, it's so annoying
Instead of getting upset about it, just tell them that they are your kids and you are capable of parenting them yourselves.





You do not need to justify your kids behaviour, or your own to other people - more so because they are supposed to be your family and supporting you.
It annoys me too i get it with how i am going to feed my baby





I have chosen to pump my milk so my baby has all the nutrients but i do not feel comfortable to breastfeed.


Everyone always asks how i am to feed my baby so i say i am pumping





Everyone feels that they can tell me how to feed that i should breastfeed or that i should use formula





I want to do it my way and i have chosen what me and my parter have talked about





I think it is so insulting to be told what to do
It depends on how it's offered for me. If it's rude or judgemental I'll let the person know I'm not interested. If it's politely offered, albeit crazy advice, I'll just nod and smile knowing that I'll get the last laugh when they have kids! :-)
yes me 2..i have a 13yr old daughter who can ask 2 do crazy things sumtimes..and people always tell me how i need 2 take care of her or wat i shuld and shuldnt let her do..it makes me furious but its been helping..the more i take their advice and do that with her the more respect she shows for me...it pays off most of the time..but ur situation may be different..thanx 4 askin.. :)
That is always going to happen. Just let them say what they want and you tell them ';thanks for the advice but I am going to do it this way';. One day they will understand how it is to be a parent and you can do the same to them.
what about older people. There are two aunts in our family that think that just because they were around with nieces and nephews that they need to be pushy to me. I dont approve of tthat at all.
I hate it even when people WITH kids offer unsolicited advice...!
Yep
yes I stopped talking to my sister because my husband said something to her about the way they take care of their kids and she does it worse I have two girls 6 and 2 and one boy 1 and my sister has two girls almost 3 and almost 1 and she always tried telling me how to take care of my kids her oldest isn't even starting potty training and telling me my two year old should be I at least started with mine I don't ignore my kids like she does she used to babysit for my oldest for a year for like 2 hours a day when she was 2-3 and she used to ignore her when she had to take her to the bathroom and she used to feed her junk food and I get yelled at that I don't feed my kids healthy enough well I feel your pain
  • refill
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment